Spawn along a genetic stream.
Dictator of so much that is the individual.
Individuals who share DNA and memories.
In human society the most cohesive unit
Kinship that is forged with ‘renewals’ and
People bonded through ‘blood’ who share
genes, experiences and values.
A fateful genetic linking of the ‘near and
far’ who can be embraced or ignored.
Ubiquitous battlefields where brutish
behavior and transcendent values collide.
Relatives who recognize, appreciate and
maintain a mutual sense of togetherness.
Our earliest source for knowledge; our
initiator into a world of frustrations and dilemmas.
- Perhaps ‘romance’ is always a family
- Perhaps we are all family fractured by
- Perhaps only those whom you truly care
for are family.
- Perhaps time and distance can never
sever true fidelity.
- Perhaps a civilization thrives on
quality nurturing and caring.
- Perhaps our familial circumstance
determines much of our life’s journey.
- Perhaps the only ‘lifeboat’ most can
depend upon is the one ‘kept afloat’ by kin.
- Perhaps the most peaceful societies
are those that encourage mutual respect and other cohesive
- Perhaps magnanimous acceptance is the
hallmark of a thriving family; perhaps when extended to
others it engenders an equanimity essential for civility.
- Perhaps puerile self-centeredness is
in jeopardy when the heart is ‘touched’ by the intimacy of
‘other selves’ … presenting themselves most unabashedly in
ESSAY ON FAMILY by EDWIN
©2007-2008 Edwin O'Shea and definingyourworld.com. All or
part of only one topic, including all definitions and essay,
may be used without written permission. Please see full
copyright notice on home page.